Monday, April 16, 2007

Day Six in Germany

Munich is a beautiful, souther German city of over a million people. The weather has been unusually warm, above 25 deg. Celsius every day since I arrived. I did not bring enough warm-weather clothes, so I'll have to go shopping. Our stand for JCB is coming along beautifully. We have one more week to go until show begins. There is still lots to do, of course, and we'll be working 12-14-hour days before we're done. But now it's mainly details: furniture, carpet, graphics, placing of the machines, etc.

We work with a team of British guys who are in charge of the product (machines), and two German teams who do all the building and installation of the stand. I have started to use my very rusty German a bit, and its been fun. The Germans are very skilled and professional, and so are the English. They don't need much supervision as they run their own teams independently. This makes our work so much easier.

No comments: