Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson Dreams

Last night my 12-year old daughter saw Michael Jackson's Thriller video for the first time on YouTube. She liked it OK, although she thought the beginning was a bit creepy. We talked about Michael Jackson at length: his early career and music, his popularity and music videos. I said that he was a trail-blazer in the 80's. My daughter wondered why "everyone hated him now". I told her that he'd had some problems in his personal life that made him quite unpopular. We talked about that a while. We talked about Michael Jackson's changing looks and how she liked him "black more than white". (She thought he was white until the Thriller video.)

Last night my daughter had nightmares about bushes turning into creepy monsters and grabbing her nose.

Today Michael Jackson is dead.

--- T

No comments: