Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Good-by P.I.

The Seattle Post-Intelligencer printed its final issue today. More than 145 years of news print will disappear and Seattle will have only one newspaper left, The Seattle Times. Although the Seattle Times is majority-owned by a private family, it too (or because of it), is in trouble financially.

The Post-Intelligencer will continue online, at least for now. But it will be a shadow of its previous self with less serious reporting.

I didn’t like the Seattle P.I. as well as the Seattle Times. It seemed weak and fluffy; but it’s still sad to see a newspaper disappear. I’ve been subscribing to the Seattle Times for many years - although I switched to the P.I. for a few weeks last year, because I was so annoyed by the Times. Now I don’t have a choice.
--- T

No comments: